December 3, 2011

MY VERY FIRST GLITTER NAILS.

What's that? Yes, indeed, I bought my very first glitter nail polish. I never thought I would have done it since I don't like crazy, bling bling things on myself, I don't really believe they look good on a minimalistic person who practically only wears and lives in the most monotonous colors you can think of - white, grey, black and beige. On others, I love them.

But every now and then, I surprise myself with a pop or if you want - a breath of color. When I wear a red cardigan, people think something is wrong with me - really - I get those questions from friends. :)

So, yesterday, I bought this little, precious nail polish with gold shimmer, glitter and flecks. It's Essence 67 Make It Golden. I paired it with Essence's 62 Reach Peach, a beautiful maroon color with just a hint of brown I would say. They're both from the Color & Go line of nail polishes, and I really like those. They're small so you use them up quickly, and they're the cheapest - around 11 kunas which would be somewhere around $2.

What are your thoughts on crazy glittery nails? :) Is there some nail effect/nail polish type you would never wear?

Also, should I try and go 5 days with this on? I'm thinking I'll have a very nice time trying to take the glitter off.


15 comments:

  1. LOL I'm like the opposite. I love wearing bright colors and my bf thinks there's something wrong with me if i wear a plain grey shirt haha. And no way, you should wear more sparkles/glitters more often because it looks very beautiful on your fingers. And these glitters are not too much. They're just right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love them and want them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooookej, trcim u ponedeljak da kupim zlacani essence, ubedila si me ovim postom :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like glitter! It´s an easy (and often elegant) way to "pimp" my manicure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pokušaj ono iz mog posta, sa folijom i vaticom i nećeš imati problema sa skidanjem šljokica.
    Super je ovaj bazni lakić, kod nas ga nisam vidjela, baš sam danas tražila.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the color you chose to go with the gold glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Predivno !!! :-) i prija oku...skroz mi je nekako jesenji look. ali ja sam odusevljena tvojim fotkama...svaka pohvala! :-))) jel mi mozes reci koji model aparata koristis za fotkanje?

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Lena Lifestyle Beauty and Stuff
    hvala ti! Koristim Canon 400D iako ga vrlo uskoro planiram zamijeniti nečim u potpuno drugoj klasi :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hvala puno sto si mi odgovorila...ma slike su ti predivne zajedno sa celim blogom, mene fotografija jako privlaci...bas se vidi da imas smisla za to ;-))) svaka cast i samo napred! pratim te!

    ReplyDelete
  10. druga fotka *ljubav*

    ReplyDelete
  11. ovo mi je predivna kombinacija, praznična nekako :D uf ja volim šljokica..ali samo na noktima, i uvijek se napatim skidajući ih.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Odlicna kombinacija a fotke su ti zaista sjajne, ova poslednja mi je super :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I ja ozbiljno razmisljam o kupovini sljokica :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your nails, are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment in any language! (I speak Croatian, English, German & French)