November 28, 2014

SLEEK MATTE ME IN RIOJA RED

Remember my impulsive final decision to order the Sleek Matte Me in Rioja Red while I was finishing my thoughts on the shade Birthday Suit? Well, best decision ever.



The postman rang my doorbell yesterday while holding my "non hazardous cosmetics". I obviously knew what was inside and was immensely excited to try it on my lips.




I opened the package, applied the cream with surprising ease. Thankfully, I have very steady hands, and even the excitement of seeing the color in the bottle didn't change that. After applying, I waited. And waited. The shade Rioja Red takes a while longer to turn matte than Birthday Suit, so for about a minute I stood there looking at a red lipgloss. And then - boom!

Words cannot sum up the beauty of this red color. A true, Snow White red. When swatched next to Ruby Woo, it leaves Ruby Woo looking like some sad, cold and desaturated red. Ruby Woo is my all time favorite red lipstick, but Rioja Red is such a fiery red - it's fantastic!



Once matte, just like Birthday Suit, it doesn't transfer onto anything. When I poured some micellar water onto a cotton pad to straighten out the edges, I concluded that it must take some rubbing to take off completely. Little fixes aren't hard to make, but removing it all takes some force and a strong make up remover - like Garnier's Micellar Cleanser.

14 comments:

  1. Prelepo! Kako uspes da budes ovako precizna i da izgleda ovako savrseno? Jesi koristila neku olovku za usne i koju?:)
    Svidja mi se tvoj blog,bilo bi lepo da cesce postujes.:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pa evo odkad sam se vratila blogu jako sam redovita što se tiče novih postova. :) Možeš me slijediti i na Facebooku pa će te obavještavati o svim novim postovima i ostalim novostima. Što se tiče preciznosti, imam taj dar mirnih ruku kroz godine crtanja i modeliranja, jako sporo sam ga nanosila da bude sve što čišće, a tamo gdje sam malo zeznula sam kasnije popravila sa štapićem za uši, ali brzo dok se boja ne osuši i postane mat.

      Delete
  2. Krasna nijansa nanesena kirurškom preciznošću ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. predivno *.* i ruž i fotke! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. prekrasna boja, prekrasna kosa.. <3 užitak za gledanje

    ReplyDelete
  5. Predivna boja! Uvek se oduševim tvojim slikama! Je l' se baviš fotografijom u slobodno vreme ili prosto imaš dara? ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. zbog dara sam se počela profesionalno baviti :) fotografiram vjenčanja!

      hvala ti na komentaru!

      Delete
  6. Ne znam šta mi je divnije, sam ruž ili tvoje fotke! Upravo si dobila još jednog pratioca!

    ReplyDelete
  7. izgleda kao fotosopirano :P hihi toliko je dobro!

    mfashionfreak♥blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Očarana sam! Izgledaš kao holivudska lepotica!
    Zaista zanosna crvena boja :)))
    Ovaj post je pravo uživanje ♡

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bezobrazno ti dobro pristaje! WOW :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definetely going to have to try these, great review!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment in any language! (I speak Croatian, English, German & French)